Hi,

I've used MySQL 3.23 on Redhat 9 for a long time. Recently, I'm thinking of
using MySQL 4 because some applications need it. I download a rpm from
mysql.com and have it rpm. It can't start and comes up with problem as

-==
terribly wrong...
Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, fp=0xbfffd2b8, stack_bottom=0x5f656c62,
thread_stack=126976, aborting backtrace.
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x61742d2d  is invalid pointer
thd->thread_id=1966159154
The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
040901 23:38:39  mysqld ended
===

website provides a detailed information on it. However, I guess it's some
minor and simple thing that makes me stucked here. I tried to install it on
another machine, the same thing comes up. But when I try to use mysqld_safe,
it's okay. But not this machine I want to run it.

I used the same procedure for installation, both systems are Redhat 9
without big changes. The major difference is on the hardware.

1) This one is okay by mysqld_safe: Celeron 2.0, 256Mb DDR,
2) This one is not okay by any means: Pentium II, 128MB RAM

Will you have any experience to share?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Yw