OpenSSH != OpenSSL. Just because you have one installed doesn't mean that the other is. Apparently the MySQL compilation using OpenSSL requires OpenSSH for some reason. You might want to try installing it and giving the compile another whirl:

http://www.openssh.com/

Also, the exact output of the ./configure message you're receiving might help people get a better handle on exactly what the problem might be.

Cheers,

--V

E SA wrote:
All,

I already sent this message once, but I got no answer.

Has naybody successfully compiled MySQL with OpenSSL
NOT in /usr/local/ssl?

I can not use stunnel, and I have not found anything
in
google.

Please let me know.

-

Original post:

All,

I am trying to compile MySQL with OpenSSL in an
alternate location ( /data/OpenSSL ).

When I do that either configure will say that no
installation of OpenSSH is there (even with the
--with-openssl-includes= and --with-openssl-libs= ),
or it will compile without OpenSSL support ( show variables like ... ).

My configure is as follows:

./configure --prefix=/data/MySQL
--exec-prefix=/data/MySQL \
 --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-assembler \
 --enable-local-infile --with-extra-charsets=complex \
 --disable-shared --with-openssl=/data/OpenSSL \
 --without-docs --with-vio
--with-openssl-includes=/data/OpenSSL/include/openssl
\
 --with-openssl-libs=/data/OpenSSL/lib

Has anybody successfully compiled MySQL with OpenSSL
support in an alternate location?

The MySQL version is 4.0.20.

Any help would be appreciated.