Hello:

I am trying to install Perl support with MySQL. After installing MySQL
(v4.0.20)I run the following commands:

        % echo $PATH
        % perl -MCPAN -e shell
        Note: Answer “no” to auto-configure perl.
        cpan> install Data::Dumper
(Upto this point. Following commands are not run yet.)
        cpan> install Bundle::DBI
        cpan> install Bundle::DBD::mysql
        cpan> quit

Today, when I tried to install Perl using the above sequence of commands.
However, after I entered the third command "cpan> install Data::Dumper";, a
message was displayed indicating that there is a new version of perl & it
canbe installed by using the command "cpan> install Bundle::CPAN". Well, I
changed the commands to as follows:

        % echo $PATH
        % perl -MCPAN -e shell
        Note: Answer “no” to auto-configure perl.
        cpan> install Data::Dumper
        cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
        cpan> install Bundle::DBI
        cpan> install Bundle::DBD::mysql
        cpan> quit

I am not sure if the above command sequence is correct or not? I know about
Perl as much as I know about brain surgery. However, I am willing to read if
I know where.

Thanks in advance.

Kirti