From: Beauford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: September 16, 2004 12:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with tables;

Hi,

I'm trying to create a table using the commands below, and everything seems
to work and the table is there - I just can's access any of the fields. This
happens on both my Windows and Linux versions of MySQL. Any help is
appreciated. Note, I have 8 other databases that I created with no problem
about 2 months ago (on both platforms) - this is the first time I have tried
since then. Any help is appreciated....

Thanks

I am in the proper database when I run the commands below...

CREATE TABLE spamdata (
 id          bigint(20)   NOT NULL,
 dates       varchar(60)  NOT NULL,
 probe       varchar(100) NOT NULL,
 ip          varchar(15)  NOT NULL,
 fqdn        varchar(100) NOT NULL,
 reason      varchar(100) NOT NULL,
 port        varchar(2)   NOT NULL,
 code        varchar(10)  NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (idm));

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.08 sec) *** This tells me nothing happened...

When I run 'desc id' (or any of the others) I get the following:

mysql> desc id;
ERROR 1146: Table 'spamtool.id' doesn't exist

This shows the table is there though.....

mysql> show tables;
| Tables_in_spamtool |
| spamdata           |