<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am very new to mysql, so perhaps this is incorrect, but,  I think
there is something in the manual that I saw on this that suggests that
you should check for file permissions.  Look in <hostname>.err   and
<hostname>.log (?) files created in some directory near your install
location (/usr/local/var   or /user/local/mysql  or some such).

luck,
tyler
On Monday, April 16, 2001, at 09:23 AM, phelles wrote:

> Hi everybody!!
> I'm using mysql on linux Redhat7...
> When i exec safe_mysqld  the server begin and... shut down, so i can't
> use
> it...
> i used an RPM version.
> If somebody could help me it could be great: one more try and i kill
> myself!!

please don't do that.  It's just technology!  Take a walk in a park
instead.  :-)

> (excuse me for english: i'm french...)

no problem.  your english is not very bad at all.