If you need the table definitions as part of your dump, you could truncate
those tables right before you run mysqldump then restore the data right
after you finish.

If you can get rid of them during the dump, then: drop your temp tables,
do a full database backup, re-create your tables.

If you would rather not need to rebuild the data in your temp tables, you
could just move them temporarily into a different database (use RENAME
TABLE to make them part of a different database), do your backup, then re
RENAME them back into your original database

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/RENAME_TABLE.html

I also like to get two separate backups, one with only the table
structures in it and another one with just the data. That way I can have a
documentation of my schema that is not intermixed with the table data.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine