you didn't say that (svr,started,ended,volume,who) is a unique key...
If not, it would explain the result and the extra rows you get.

Well... that combination of fields *should* be unique. Does a unique index need to be specified on those columns? It is possible that (svr,started,ended,volume,who) may not be unique, and that duplicate data was inserted into the table.

I was assuming that my beginning SQL skills were to blame for the unexpected results. If I understand your comment correctly, if the combination of columns shown above is indeed a unique key, then the results of my query should have been what I expected. Please correct me if that is not the case.

Thanks for the feedback,

Ted