From: Daniel Cummings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: speed issue - inserts slowing down selects

We have what is called a data grabber for quotes that is inserting rows
into
both InnoDb and MyIsam tables.

When the data is being imported ( inserted ), it is dramatically slowing
clients down that are running queries against the table.

Our first attempt at a solution was to insert one row at a time.  This
doesn't seem to make a difference.

The next thing we tried is the "Insert Delayed" which as I stated in an
earlier post, doesn't seem to work for InnoDb tables.

We are also looking at "Insert Low_Priority".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Dan

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error destroy it immediately.