On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, B. van Ouwerkerk wrote:

> >I am using php for this project.  Right now it is related to mysql.  What
> >I want is to display the names of the countries and cities from the
> >Special table instead of the ids.  What would be the correct syntax for
> >the select statement?
>
> Take a look at websites like www.devshed.com www.phpnewbie.com
> www.phpbeginner.com and find out how to solve this. You might also want to
> take a look at www.php.net

I will take a look at the sites.  I am still playing around with php.

> Or hire someone to do the job for you.. I could help you, so could others.
> But after this question we will soon see your next question..

I appericate that.  But read my earlier posting, the tables are below.  I
need the correct mysql select statement to display the city and country
names in the special table rather than the id using the country and city
tables.  Nothing to do with php now.

Country:
id      | int(5)      |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
country | varchar(35) |      | MUL |         |                |
contid  | int(5)

City:
id        | int(5)      |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
city      | varchar(35) |      | MUL |         |                |
countryid | int(5)      |

Special:
id      int(5)
contid  int(5)