I'm just starting to learn SQL and MySQL, and am curious as to how the
following query might be built.

I've got a table of X rows, each with a unique ID as determined by
auto_increment when the row is inserted into the database. How would I go
about doing a SELECT on a row of the database and have MySQL return a row
at random?

I figure there must be an easier way then doing a SELECT count(*) from
tablename, using that in a random generator in Perl/PHP, and then looking
up the resulting row with a second MySQL query.

Thanks,
Alec