I am trying to come up with a query that shows duplicate last names and the
"order numbers" for each occurance of.

I can get as far as determining the duplicates but my query result only
outputs one order for each.

Here is my current query, an example of the results and an example of the
results I want.

P.S. This is just an example, looking at duplicate last names is seldom of
any practical value!

Thanks for any help!

customer_last_name     order_number
+-------------------+-------------+
+smith              +     1       +
+smith              +     2       +
+smith              +     3       +
+---------------------------------+

SELECT customer_last_name, order_number, COUNT(customer_last_name) AS
duplicate_customer_last_names

FROM orders

GROUP BY customer_last_name HAVING (duplicate_customer_last_names > 1)

Result:

customer_last_name     order_number     duplicate_customer_last_names
+smith              +     1       +               3                 +

Desired Result:

customer_last_name     order_number     duplicate_customer_last_names