I have a field "telephone".
Set to type :int:
Length: 11
It's  not working correctly, and not sure if it's my
application or something I have wrongly set up for the
database.
We are talking about U.S. Telephone numbers here, so 7
digits (area code, exchange, unique number)

Now it seems everything works up to the storing of 6
numbers.  Once I add the 7th number, everything goes
haywire.  The number gets transformed to some totally
different number and / or 0 (zero).

Now I had set up a validation , which I think would be
correct for a U.S. number:

[0-9\+\-\/ \(\)\.]+

Yet, even if I remove that regexp and let it validate
solely on integers: -{0,1}\d+

Nothing.
I thought perhaps enforcing the field to unsigned
might help, but no change.

One last note, I've "now" added some javascript to
enforce format.  This hasn't changed anything , better
or worse.  Same behaviour.  This is solely for making
sure client enters 111-111-1111 format.  Just wanted
to include this in my information.

Well if anyone has a clue appreicate the help.

Stuart