i'am not sure if this is related to suse 9.1 or what i'am beginning
with mysql and php
i'am running:
mysql 4.0.21-standard
suse9.1
kernel version 2.6.5-7.10b-default
php version 4.3.4 - default install
apache 2.0.49 - prefork

i created an "address book" using php and when i go thru and fill in
all the required feilds and click on submit it just resets the form.

i was previously using this on mandrake 9.2 and it worked flawlessly
however i was using apache 1.3

i figured it was something worng in my php scripting  but i took a
sample calculator from php.net and it it too was not passing data to
mysql....

i have searched google many times over and different forums and never
found my answer or i'am going in the wrong direction. i was looking
into mysql modules that apache uses but that lead to dead ends. looked
into how php handels the data and that too lead me to a dead end. i
wiped my machine out and reinstalled the os figured i missed something
or there was a corrupt file but that apparently was not the case.

if some one could make some helpful suggestions as to whats causing
this i would be much appreciative

thanks