Dear sir,

I am college student from Indonesia which is holding a research in mysql. For doing my
research, i have to install and running multiple servers on the same time and on the
same machine. I have install 2 mysql server ver 4.0.15 in my computer, but until now,
only one server could run in my machine. I have made changes in my.cnf like this :

# Example mysql config file.

# Copy this file to c:\my.cnf to set global options

#

# One can use all long options that the program supports.

# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients

[client]

#password=my_password

port=3306

#socket=MySQL

# Here is entries for some specific programs

# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server

[mysqld1]

port=3306

#socket=MySQL

skip-locking

set-variable     = key_buffer=384M

set-variable     = max_allowed_packet=1M

set-variable     = table_cache=512

set-variable     = sort_buffer=2M

set-variable     = record_buffer=2M

set-variable     = thread_cache=8

# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency

set-variable     = thread_concurrency=8

set-variable     = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M

server-id          = 1

# Uncomment the following if you want to log updates

log-bin

# Uncomment the following rows if you move the MySQL distribution to another

# location

#basedir = d:/mysql/

#datadir = d:/mysql/data/

# Uncomment the following if you are NOT using BDB tables

#skip-bdb

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables

#set-variable   = bdb_cache_size=384M

#set-variable   = bdb_max_lock=100000

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables

#innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:2000M;ibdata2:2000M

#innodb_data_home_dir = c:\ibdata

#innodb_log_group_home_dir = c:\iblogs

#innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\iblogs

#set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1

#set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3

#set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M

#set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M

#innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

#innodb_log_archive=0

#set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M

#set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M

#set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4

#set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

[mysqldump]

quick

set-variable     = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]

no-auto-rehash

# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL

#safe-updates

[isamchk]

set-variable     = key_buffer=256M

set-variable     = sort_buffer=256M

set-variable     = read_buffer=2M

set-variable     = write_buffer=2M

[myisamchk]

set-variable     = key_buffer=256M

set-variable     = sort_buffer=256M

set-variable     = read_buffer=2M

set-variable     = write_buffer=2M

[mysqlhotcopy]

interactive-timeout

[mysqld2]

port=3307

#socket=MySQL

skip-locking

set-variable     = key_buffer=384M

set-variable     = max_allowed_packet=1M

set-variable     = table_cache=512

set-variable     = sort_buffer=2M

set-variable     = record_buffer=2M

set-variable     = thread_cache=8

# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency

set-variable     = thread_concurrency=8

set-variable     = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M

server-id          = 2

basedir = d:/Program Files/mysql/

datadir = d:/Program Files/mysql/data/

So, what I want to ask is what part of my configuration in my.cnf that is wrong ?

Thank you for your kindly attention.

Best Regards

Kemas Rahmat Saleh W ([EMAIL PROTECTED])