Hi.

You may tell MySQL where the data files are stored in the argc,

when you are calling mysql_server_init. Also you may put other

server variables into this array.

I think, MySQL can do most tasks, which you are looking for.

See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Server_system_variables.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com