Hello All:

I am trying to configure ODBC for MySQL but have been unable to make a connection.

We are running MySQL 4.0.15 supplied by Server Logistics on OS X 10.3.5.
I have installed their ODBC Driver and 4 files show up in the library/MyODBC/Lib/ directory:
libmyodbc3_r-3.51.06.bundle
libmyodbc3_r.bundle (alias)
libmyodbc3-3.51.06.bundle
libmyodbc3.bundle (alias)

Under the ODBC Admin I have added a driver with the name mysqlreporting specifying the driver file path as :

/Library/MyODBC/lib/libmyodbc3-3.51.06.bundle.

Didn't know what to put for setup file so the path is the same.
I then setup 3 key values:

keyword                 Value
user                    userloginname
password                userpasswordname
database                mydatabase

Under UserDSN, I add the above driver naming the data source name also mysqlreporting.

I also enter the same keyvalues.

When I go to test the connection locally, I get the following:

Last login: Fri Nov  5 09:26:40 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
My-Computer:~ myuserlogin$ /usr/bin/odbctest
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?

DSN                            | Description
mysqlreporting                 | mysqlreporting

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): dsn=mysqlreporting
[iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded, SQLSTATE=IM002

Have a nice day.
My-Computer:~ myuserlogin$

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong. Because their are two different drivers in the MyODBC Lib folder, I tried both but get the same message.

Thanks.
Rick