Gleb,

He was wondering if there were any plans to provide multiple slave SQL
threads so that the slaves can process more efficiently NOT if the slave
process is multi-threaded. He understood that there would be challenges to
multithreading the slave's query processor (including reader query
synchronization and multiple read locations in the binlog). In his
question he also said that he understood that the slaves processed their
binlogs in sequential order. Your short RTFM answer provided no new
information. Can you answer his question or not?

May I suggest that you begin to thoroughly read each question before you
fire off a response. I know you are new to the list but some of your very
short answers don't address the questions very well. Sometimes it seems as
though you are picking up on a keyword or keyphrase and referring people
to the manual too quickly.

However, if you read the questions more carefully you will see that they
are looking for a different answer (Specifically, I can think of a person
this weekend wanting to know how to write a query that determined the most
recent record in a set of records that share an ID value. You referred
them to the manual page about TIMESTAMP columns. I believe that if you had
read their post more carefully, you could have either sent them to the
location eventually recommended by another list member, or provided a
sample query on your own.)

Please be more careful how you respond. Many of the people that come to
this list have ZERO database background and they sometimes need more of an
explanation that just what's in the book. Sometimes it's our jobs as list
members to figure out what their real question is and not just key off of
what they ask as sometimes they don't even know how to phrase the right
question, it's all just too new.

Thanks,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Gleb Paharenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/08/2004 08:02:04
AM:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Replication_Implementation_Details.html

https://order.mysql.com/?ref=ensita