Hi,

I'm trying to set up a replication client on the same server as the master is running. Master is port 3306 and its socket /mymaster/mysql.sock. I set up the repl-client to connect to localhost (tried the ip-address too) on port 3306.
When I start the replication I get the following error:
Error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)' errno: 2002

The question is how to tell the replication client that the right socket is located in /mysqlmaster. I tried to set a symbolic link from /tmp/mysql.sock to mysqlmaster.sock but only got a fatal error 1236: "Could not open logfile.."

Help would be appreciated

Greetz from Germany

Lutz Maibach

P.S: I only try to get up this strange looking constellation cause I have to replicate a single database from the master to a customers server. The customer may not have a look at the other databases running on the master, but with normal replication he would get all the data into his relaylog. So I want to replicate the customers database to the local replication and the the customers server to replicate this local replication where only his data is stored in the binlog.