----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Kasak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chip Wiegand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "MySQL List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: copy data only from one table to another table

Chip Wiegand wrote:

How do I copy all data only from one table into another table? Both tables
are in the same database. I have phpMyAdmin and it suppossedly does this,
but it is not working, and there are no error messages.
Thanks,
--
Chip

create table table_2
select * from table_1

How would this be done if table_2 already exists? It has an auto_increment field as PK and I want to take all the rows from table_1 and dump them into table_2. The records being copied from table_1 can get new primary keys as there are no foreign key relationships to maintain.