Hello, I am in the position where I need row level user access, this is
crucial in my current project. I know this has been discussed before and the
answer has been "use views when they become availble". But views would still
allow the "root" user access to the complete table, wouldnt it? I would like
to lock rows to certain user and not let anyone else see them, not even the
root user.

I have been thinking about using heap tables or trying to supply each
user/group with their own dynamically created tables. But I always come to
the conclusion that I am hacking away at something I do not fully understand
and that I cannot guaranty that the end result will have the security I
claim.

Is this possible in MySQL?
Does anyone know if it cab be performed with other RDBMS?

Regards
/Jonas