Hello again!

Thanks to everyone that helped me yesterday with the MySQL crash and how to
restart the server. But now I have another problem, the MySQL 3.22.32 server
is crashing every now and then.
Looking at the .err file, it says

010420  1:48:51  Warning: setrlimit couldn't increase number of open files
to more than 164
010420  1:48:51  Warning: Changed limits: max_connections: 30  table_cache:
62

Looking through Google.com I found this answer :

***************************************** BEGINNING OF ANSWER
********************************

> Can someone explain what these 2 mysql errors are?  I found them in an
.err
> file in my mysql directory.  I searched the Mysql website and looked
> through my book and couldn't find anything.  They are kinda self
> explanatory, but why are they appearing?
>
> 000725 17:34:12 Warning: setrlimit couldn't increase number of open files
> to more than 164
> 000725 17:34:12 Warning: Changed limits: max_connections: 30 table_cache:
62

According to my O'Reilly book - mySQL and mSQL (page 63) You might need to
increase
the max_connections and table_cache settings when mySQL starts.

***************************************** END OF ANSWER
********************************

Is this right? Do I have to increase these values? How much?
But the most important thing, in what file do I have to apply all these
changes?

An one last thing, I found these lines commented in safe_mysqld, The Site is
running FreeBSD 4.2.
Should I un-comment these lines?

************************************* LINES OF safe_mysqld

# Does this work on all systems?
#if type ulimit | grep "shell builtin" > /dev/null
#then
#  ulimit -n 256 > /dev/null 2>&1  # Fix for BSD and FreeBSD systems
#fi

Thanks again in advance, and sorry for the mail length. I'm just a little
desperate with this :-)