Hassan Schroeder said:
> William R. Mussatto wrote:
>
>>>Tried it and now I get connection timed out after three tries.  I'm
>>> running the testbed using the tomcat buried in netbeans.
>
> Frankly, the whole concept of running a server from "within" an IDE
> sounds so sketchy to me -- but I'm definitely not an IDE kinda guy :-)
>
> Have you thought of trying this from a standalone Tomcat? Wouldn't take
> long to install and test...
>
> FWIW!
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   === http://webtuitive.com

Dropped back to 4.0.22 server and it works.  I guess I shouldn't have
jumped into 4.1 so soon.  Buried in netbeans is a tomcat 4.06 in my
installation,
has all the directories and so forth.  The idea was that you could plub in
someone else's JSP Container and test with that.  I am now breathing a lot
easier.  Still some errors but I'm going to bring over a clean copy of the
stuff and try to see what's going on.  Thanks