[snip]
I have problem by using PHP and MySQL. I have installed MySQL Server
4.1.7 on a Linux  machine with Apache. PHP interpreter has been
installed on it by default but I am not sure if PHP modules for MySQL
has been installed too or not. On MySQL download section there is only
some extensions which has links to PHP site. I couldn't use them really.

Can anybody help ? How can I install PHP modules for MySQL so I would
work with mysql database through PHP ?
[/snip]

This is probably a better question for a PHP list. Is PHP runinng? Make
a test page

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

and run it from your web browser. Have you checked basic PHP & MySQL
tutorials?