Last week I got this message:
Cannot connect DBI:mysql:formmail;myhost.net: Host 'myhost.net' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

I couldn't find the errors anywhere. Not in any of the apache logs and not in the mysql error log:
041103 20:09:11 mysqld started
InnoDB: The first specified data file ./ibdata1 did not exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
041103 20:09:11 InnoDB: Setting file ./ibdata1 size to 10 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
041103 20:09:12 InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile0 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
041103 20:09:12 InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile1 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer not found: creating new
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer created
InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables
InnoDB: Foreign key constraint system tables created
041103 20:09:13 InnoDB: Started
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.21-max' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 Official MySQL-max binary

I've also checked my syslog, messages log, and formmail log, nothing. It's only happening to this one host.

it keeps happening over and over. I have to flush my host every day or so. Any ideas where to look?

--
Anne Ramey