Hello,

I wanted to  compile mysql to the Compaq iPAQ  handheld computer which
runs Linux.  I hardly  manage to compile  the sql_yacc.o,  and finally
compiled,  but I  realized that  the mysqld  binary is  very-very huge
for a handheld, it is 2M (stripped).

Does anyone  has idea how  to shrink  this by removing  features which
are not necessary to  be in a handheld? For example  I don't need ISAM
table  type, transaction-enabled  tables, multi-thread  design, but  I
want to keep the rich set of functions.

Does anyone work on similar projects?

I  have  compiled the  latest  version,  3.23.36, with  the  following
command:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-gnu-ld --with-pthread \
  --enable-assembler        --without-raid       --disable-large-files
    --without-debug \
  --with-low-memory --without-docs --without-bench \
  --with-extra-charsets=hungarian                --without-berkeley-db
    --without-innobase \
  --without-gemini

Thanks in advance,

dLux
--
  Hal 9000 - "Put down those Windows disks Dave.... Dave? DAVE!!"