At 12:57 -0600 11/29/04, Jeff Smelser wrote:
On Monday 29 November 2004 09:01 am, Greg Macek wrote:

 I am actually in the process of planning a similar upgrade for our
 database server. None of our databases are that big, but was wondering
 about what "gotcha's" I should be on the lookout for. I planned on
 walking through the upgrade pages from mysql.com for going from 3.23 to
 4.0 and 4.0 to 4.1. I was hoping not to have to re-create the databases
 as the original poster mentioned, but I don't have a slave DB setup
 either. Will this be an issue?

Well, in 4.0.22, you can do a new=1.. (something like that). and yer suppose to be able to test these new features in 4.1..

Might want to look for that in 3.23..

No, there is no such option in 3.23.

In general, it's better to upgrade 3.23 -> 4.0 -> 4.1 so that you
can get used to differences from one version series to the next,
rather than skipping version series.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA