I think you need to add some kind of uniqueness to your table. Either a
date column (dates are only accurate to the nearest second which may not
be fine enough precision for your situation) or an auto_incremented
integer-type column (make sure you select the correct storage size for
your data).  That extra bit of information (I prefer the auto_increment-ed
column) will help tremendously to solve your particular issue.

As the database administrator it is sometimes necessary to actually store
MORE information than what the users want just so that the users can get
at their information in useful and convenient ways. I believe this is one
of those situations.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

"N. Kavithashree" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/02/2004
04:38:56 AM:

> hello,
>

> ususally we use :
>
> select * from table limit 50;
>
> This will display the rows which were entered first the table created
> (i..e, that end);
>
> if i wnat to select from the other side then what should i use ?
>
> if there is a serial no column like id or some autoincremt column or
DATE