Jeff,

>> Both, because I have tables that have few inserts and too few
>> updates/deletes,
>> like states, cities and so on, but I plan transform every table in InnoDB
>> to avoid corruption issues.
>
> Nothing here has slowed down. A few innodb stuff I use, has, but thats
it.. I
> run linux on a x86. Nothing I probably couldnt iron with some variable
> changes. You might want to look into that first.
>
> what kind of corruption issues have you had? All my syslog daemons log to
> mysql, couple hundred inserts per min, and I never get these 'issues'.
These
> are all on myisam tables.

Actually, I´ve never had such problem.
I´m just afraid of it because I´ve read some issues about corruption
in MySQL tables and the own MySQL Manual says that exist a command
just to repair MyISAM tables (myisamchk -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Table_maintenance.html).

Once I dealing with hangs problems with MySQL + FreeBSD-4.x, I´m
afraid that the table could crashs when MySQL hangs... :-/

Ronan