I am not sure of Putty as I am using plink.exe that is
the SSH tunneler for tunnel.

The thing is that I call up plink.exe from my app to
create an ssh tunnel and then set the correct values
for mysql_real_connect() in my app.

What I am doing is that I am bundling plink.exe with
my app and then ask the user for SSH info. Depending
upon that I create a plink.exe process and then
connect my app to the SSH process.

I referred to Putty as many people seem to be using it
and putty usese plink.exe which is the back end for
it.

Should I look into some options like what you
suggested?

Regards,
Karam

--- "Adams, Pat 006"