Hi,

I think you need to have root privileges (ALL) on the
table to run REPAIR TABLE since this is a disaster
recovery sql command. It works only for MyISAM tables
in MySQL. I don't think it is supported for all
tables.

I need it because I got a server with big load that sometimes has db problems. The server is a big mess but I cannot replace it for now.
So I set up a script that removes unneded stuff every few minutes but I also want to do a repair table from that script. The script uses a restricted user (resztricted to only delete from a ceratin db) and I wanted to avoid giving to many rights to that user.

I started to add rights but it didn't work. The user almost got all rights by now but it still doesn't work.

The server is going to be shut down soon at last, but I will experiment with this and send the results to the list later for others to know.

Thanks
Zoltan

Logically a repair table command would update, insert,
delete and alter the tables: so a superset of these
privileges should be available.

-Goutham S Mohan