Are you sure innodb is better for tables larger than 4 gig?

| 12 | xotech | localhost:3115 | finlog | Query | 238224 | copy to tmp table | alter table bragg_stat engine=innodb pack_keys=0 |
| 14 | xotech | localhost:3356 | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL |

It's been going 66 hours and all I'm doing is changing one table from myisam with packed keys, to innodb without packed keys

this is on a stand alone server with no other processes and no users

something tells me innodb is not the answer for me

also how do you do a merge table on innodb, I've got table merges to split the data up by fiscal year, the table I'm restoring is just for this year, and we are still in the first quarter