Hi,

I need some help with privileges issues.

I want to create a user, bkup_user, with only Select, Reload, Lock Table privileges. I created the bkup_user with all privileges, and revoked all but select reload and grant (could not find lock table). Command succeeded and I flushed privileges. bkup_user still shows up as having all privileges.

I found some information indicating to create user with all privileges, and then eliminate what you do not want that user to be able to do. I want bkup_user to be able to have global privileges of select, reload and lock tables. I ran the commands are myself, with all privileges.

Commands I used

connect mysql

mysql> GRANT SELECT, RELOAD, LOCK TABLES ON *.* TO 'bkup_user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxxxx'
-> WITH GRANT OPTION;