Hi Rob,

LOAD DATA INFILE is not a very verbose command. It
doesn't spill out the exact root cause of the error.
Forgive me, if I seem to be wrong for anybody who had
a different opinion.

mysqlimport is a wrapper around LOAD DATA INFILE with
a lot of command line options. You might try your luck
using the mysqlimport command which does the same for
you. But I am not sure if it really helps you with
more verbose output.

The problem might be due to any of the following
problems:
-> The data in the file needs to be in a format that
mysql understands. With mysqlimport you can specify
the  column and record delimiters as required.
-> Escape characters need to be defined when you do a
mysqlimport so that the data is not mistaken as a
delimiter by mysql.
-> Also make sure that there are no foreign key
violations in your target database.

Regards,
Goutham S Mohan
Software Engineer,