I'm working on a rather large database with many cross-linked tables
currently using auto increment IDs.  The system is primarily a web based
system, however, there will be times that the system will be run as a stand
alone server...meaning no internet connection is available.

The question arises that if someone enters information to the database on the
website, while others are entering information on the local database, what is
the best way to merge the data?  I would imagine that we would run into many
duplicate auto increment IDs.

I'm sure that for one table insert, this would not be a problem as I could
store the SQL statement in a text file without the ID specified, and run it as
a batch process on the live server when we get connectivity.  But I don't have
a handle on how to update the sub tables that have a FK pointer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Andy