I have a mysql database runing on an internal linux server and I need to
connect to it with an appliication running on a windows workstation. The
application must start another application with command line informaiton
from the database so I can’t use a web based application, as web browsers
cannot start an application on the local machine.
I'm looking for recommendations on the easiest way to implement this
project. I would prefer a php like scripting language, I certainly won’t be
able to do it in C or similar.

Chris Mason