How does everyone handle antivirus's and file locking issues?

I've been fighting with our sysadmin for weeks, I insist that norton should not touch our database files, innodb, myd, myi

now it does, and I see corrupt data, and norton will skip files because it cant get a lock, I dont want to think about the files it locked when mysql was writing data to them

it's hard to tie the corrupt data to the norton locks on myd files, but it's the only thing I've been able to tie together so far

data corruption involves data in the table skewed, I've had table crashes, but not on the files norton cant get a lock on