Kevin A. Burton wrote:
This is a bug.

Feature.

I have all the slave configuration in /etc/my.cnf commented out. However the machine was ONCE a slave and so data/master.info exists.

I commented out all the /etc/my.cnf settings WRT master-* yet when I restart the box it STILL insists on starting the slave via master.info

In fact, you don't need those configuration statements in the first place. You could just as well initiated the slave replication by issuing CHANGE MASTER TO...

If these settings aren't enabled the slave shouldn't be started.

Slave is always "started" unless my.cnf says "skip-slave-start".
Anyway, WITH skip-slave-start you will still have the slave information (binlog positions etc.) initiated but it will just not start replicating.

The information in master.info overrides anything in my.cnf.

--
 ___
|K  | Ongame E-Solutions AB - www.ongame.com
| /\| Mikael Fridh / Technical Operations
|_\/| tel: +46 18 606 538 / fax: +46 18 694 411