Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables

Ok. This is what happened:
We removed MySQL from the server and re-installed 4.0(.21) then put back
some old data.
When trying to upgrade to 4.1.9 we encountered the same problem, with the
exact same tables being corrupted!

For one of the tables, as an example, the innodb_table_monitor says
  050114 15:29:21  InnoDB: table DB000001/account_text is in the new
compact format
  InnoDB: of MySQL 5.0.3 or later
  InnoDB: Failed to load table DB000001/account_text
This occurs 51 times in total for 40+ databases with 130+ tables in each
(though different tables in each database).

We have a copy of this data and could easily reproduce the error by
restoring the data and then upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1(.8 or .9).