Hi,

Iâve recently upgraded to MySQL 4.1.8 for the UTF-8 support.

Iâve updated my previous data which was Western European languages, now Iâd
like to get to grips on more exotic dialects such as Korean, Japanese and deep
East languages such as Greek and Romanian.

The problem is I keep getting corrupted character data.

The source of the data is XML converted to UTF-8 by libxml, but when ever I try
to insert this data into the MySQL table some data gets corrupted.

Here is an example:

http://www.feedsfarm.com/s/s-50-+site%3Aa

The table has been converted to utf8, I have the character sets installed on my
client machine, and some of the characters are correct, but a lot of the
characters come out as: â??â in Firefox, and âÂâ and âÚâ in IE 6.

When I validate the document @ W3C I get:

âSorry, I am unable to validate this document because on lines 70, 74, 79,
83, 87, 91, 95, 99, 103, 107, 111, 115, 120, 127, 133, 139 it contained one or
more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8â

Does anyone know what the source of my problem is?

Cheers,

            Martin

XMLMania.com <http://www.xmlmania.com>  - The Definitive XML Source...