At 07:37 -0500 2005/01/15, Dave Merrill wrote:
I thought string concatenation w '+' was totally
standard SQL.

Hmmm, this is the first I've heard of "+" being used for concatenation (in SQL). Then again, I've never used MS SQL Server. :-)

Each language is going to have its own personality. If they all did things the same way, we wouldn't have the wealth of different ones to choose from.

Might not be a good idea, Dave, to take MS products as examples of what accepted standards are. MS has a long history of lack of respect for established standards.

I suspect MySQL is more ANSI compliant than MS SQL Server.

Rob