On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:27:56 -0500
"J. Wren Hunt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm curious why you're interested in removing -lcrypt? Do you intend
> replace it with another algorithm? Or are you just trying to minimize
> size/processing, etc.?

The call to Sun Solaris 8 and 9 functions in libcrypt.so is not working
and crashes mysqld. The Sun library libcrypt.so is a symlink to
libcrypt_i.so or libcrypt_d.so, depending on your setup.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the use of the functions that can be
called by whatever -lcrypt is needed for is also internal to mysql.  I
patched configure.in to comment the check for the crypt library and that
at least stops the crashes.  Now, I need to know if I am ok or have lost
valuable function.

Thanks, Alex