Hi there

I have managed to follow your instructions, I have used the BDB source files
from the Unix download (build_win32 directory). And I have used the Windows
Source Files for MYSQL. Everything appears to compile correctly without any
errors, however when trying to do a "net start mysql" I get an error, upon
doing a debug I find the error happens on the following line which I
obtained from the Disassembly window (I do apologize, I am a VB programmer
and therefore a little unfamiliar with C++)

77F8E30E   int         2Eh

Does this help anyone at all, to explain why when issuing a net start ,
mysql crashes.

Below is a few more lines from the dissambelly window, with the faulty one
appearing about half way through as per above

77F8E27B   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0B0h],0
77F8E285   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0ACh],0
77F8E28F   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0A8h],0
77F8E299   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0A4h],0
77F8E2A3   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0A0h],0
77F8E2AD   mov         dword ptr [ebx+9Ch],0
77F8E2B7   mov         word ptr [ebx+0BCh],cs
77F8E2BD   mov         word ptr [ebx+98h],ds
77F8E2C3   mov         word ptr [ebx+94h],es
77F8E2C9   mov         word ptr [ebx+90h],fs
77F8E2CF   mov         word ptr [ebx+8Ch],gs
77F8E2D5   mov         word ptr [ebx+0C8h],ss
77F8E2DB   pushfd
77F8E2DC   pop         dword ptr [ebx+0C0h]
77F8E2E2   mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp+4]
77F8E2E5   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0B8h],eax
77F8E2EB   mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp]
77F8E2EE   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0B4h],eax
77F8E2F4   lea         eax,[ebp+8]
77F8E2F7   mov         dword ptr [ebx+0C4h],eax
77F8E2FD   pop         ebx
77F8E2FE   ret         4
77F8E301   mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp+4]
77F8E304   ret
77F8E305   mov         eax,9Fh
77F8E30A   lea         edx,[esp+4]
77F8E30E   int         2Eh
77F8E310   jmp         77F98BAD
77F8E315   imul        esi,ebx
77F8E318   add         esi,ecx
77F8E31A   mov         dword ptr [ebp-4],esi
77F8E31D   mov         si,word ptr [edi]
77F8E320   inc         edi
77F8E321   inc         edi
77F8E322   push        4
77F8E324   push        esi