On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, matt_lists wrote:

> Having repeatable problems doing restores, 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 both do the
> same error
>
> Is there some setting I'm missing?
>
> mysqldump -u username-pPassword  --all-databases --quote-names >
> /intranet/backup/backup.sql
>

> E:\intranet\backup>mysql -u xotech -pDaredevil22 -f < backup.sql
> ERROR at line 2153: Unknown command '\m'.
> ERROR at line 2153: Unknown command '\m'.
> ERROR at line 2153: Unknown command '\m'.
> mysql: Out of memory (Needed 626767192 bytes)
> mysql: Out of memory (Needed 626763096 bytes)
>
> E:\intranet\backup>

I've seen this quite a few times, but never been able to reproduce it
properly.
I'm assuming you're running on Windows, correct?

I'd search your dump-file for "DATA DIRECTORY" the problem on Windows is that
it uses \ instead of / in the path names there, which makes it use it as an
escape character. Since dATA/INDEX DIRECTORY in CREATE TABLE is ignored on
Windows when importing anyways, it's safe to remove those clauses.

If you can find a way to reproduce it, feel free to add it to my old bug
report about this at:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6660

cheers,

--