Sounds like a concurrency problem to me. Is your code ACID
(Atomicity, Concurrency, Isolation, Durability) safe?

I do not think it is a "commit" problem. For one, because PHP/Perl
client interfaces almost always default to auto-commit (so you would
have to have disabled it explicitely); and, for two, because, as long as
your MySQL server still runs, the data is transparently present
(whether physically saved to disk or not).

> I tried adding the connection because it's
> in all the other files, but I couldn't. Whenever I tried, I
> got a warning and then an error about it being a bad link.
> But this is not a bad link. It's the same link I'm using in every
> file in this database application.

I take it by "link" you mean something which describes your
database:user:password, etc? Please, show the error. And you are
not sharing the same database handle for multiple connection,
btw, right?

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---