Peter Brawley wrote:

is, there is some method to iterate in this relation to avoid joining the table in itself each time ?

Exactly the problem with trying to model an anything-goes network, a "world of ends", in a relational model of a directed graph. I think you need an XML layer in there, eg see http://iswc2004.semanticweb.org/demos/03/.

XML isn't necessary and probably just makes it more complicated. As someone wrote, if you have a problem and decide to solve it with XML, now you have two problems.

On the other hand, since the semantic web relies on graphs, approaches that work for it do apply... but unless interoperability matters, it's hard for me to imagine a good reason to bother with XML.

Nick