Hi

I use mysql/php on several client web sites (each client has its own db). For development purpose, I have a local web server with php/mysql. When a web site is still in development, this is the master db, even if a copy has been uploaded on the live web server at my isp. When a site is completed, the web db becomes the master (as clients and visitors are updating data on the web db).

My problem is that I would like to keep the local db synchronized with the web db (at least for the tables that are regularly updated on the web). Manually I would do a dump (data export only) of these web tables onto a local file, then empty the local equivalent tables and then running the sql statements of the dump file (insert).

I don't do a systematic download of the whole web db as it is sometimes too big and besides not all the tables are updated by the client/visitors.

My idea is to dynamically build a mysql script via php that can do the job for each client web sites for each of the tables contained in an array and be executed from a simple click on a button on the local server of course.

As I am not a mysql/php guru, I would appreciate suggestions to do this as simple as possible.

Please copy the reply to my email address.  Thanks in advance.
--

Kind regards, Paul.

Gondwana
[EMAIL PROTECTED]