Hi all,

On a Fedora Core 3 machine which releases with MySQL
3.23 I downloaded all necessary 4.1 RPMs and
installed, however the MySQL 3.23 existed, but it
didn't work. Also, all 4.1 RPMs had uninstalled
automatically MySQL 3.23 and had re-installed itself.
Then I removed all new installed 4.1 RPMs by using:

rpm -e MySQL-server-...

The only package which didn't removed was
MySQL-shared-compat. Then I re-installed all 4.1 RPMs
and still it doesn't work. At the shell when I try to
restart MySQL daemon as below the error message says:

/etc/init.d/mysql restart
No mysqld pid file found. Looked for
/var/lib/mysql/localhost.localdomain.pid.

I am totally confused. Whats the problem ??????

Regards,

Helena