<<However, when I double-clicked odbccp32.cpl, I was rewarded with something similar to what I got before.>>

Not sure what you are looking for then. The myODBC driver should not need
configuring, beyond setting up data sources, which is exactly what the control
panel applet does for you. There is no program to launch - you configure a data
source to allow you to access data, then use your ODBC-capable program to
connect to that data source.

Start up the ODBC applet and change to the "System DSN" tab. Next, add a new
data source which uses the myODBC driver to connect to the database you want to access
via ODBC. Once you have done this, you can then connect to the data source from your
ODBC-capable program using the name of the data source.

Cheers

Andrew.

David Blomstrom wrote:

--- Andrew Pattison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The ODBC control applet in Windows can be found in
two places:<br>

1. Control Panel.
2. Administrative Tools (if you are using Windows
2000 or XP).<br>

If you have Windows 2000 or XP, the easiest way to
find it is to find
your "Administrative Tools" folder (usually you need
to tweak the Start
menu to make it visible) and double click on the
"Data Sources (ODBC)"
icon. If you have Windows XP you can also open
control panel and use
the Administrative Tools icon in there.

If you don't have Windows 2000 or XP, you need to
find a file called
odbccp32.cpl (or similar). If this is placed in the
windows\system
directory it should be visible in Control Panel. If
it is not visible,
you should use TweakUI to enable it. TweakUI is a
Microsoft utility and
can be found by searching on download.com .

I have Windows XP, but I couldn't find an Administrative Tools folder, so I downloaded and installed TweakUI. I now have an Admin Tools folder on my desktop. I also located the file odbccp32.cpl in the Windows/system32 folder, so I'll try to figure out how to enable it.

However, when I double-clicked odbccp32.cpl, I was
rewarded with something similar to what I got before.
I hope there's a user-friendly program waiting at the
end of this journey! :)

Thanks for all the tips.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

-- Andrew Pattison mail at apattison.plus.com