I am new to this list and to MySQL returning to Data Bases after many years away.

I am developing multilingual web sites with all the info extracted from databases.

In using MySQLCC/SQLyog to stack up some static base data into MyISAM tables the field type is text I discovered that some of the data was truncated immediately prior to a 'n [single quote n] the balance of the data is lost. removing the quote solves the problem. The data is multilingual text requiring a number of non standard codings. The problem also appears with the character e with ^ above. [alt 0234] ê and also ë [alt 0235].

I have the coding set to Unicode and as far as I can see have set up the system correctly.

If important I am version running 4.1 on Win XP SP2 IIS.

I have managed a temporary workaround but it required a significant amount of additional work.

Many thanks in advance

Rob