Hello,

I am writing a web-based application and incorporated a roll-your-own database
pool into it. So far I am running well, but I have seen a couple of issues I
would like to present.

After being up for a couple of days, I noticed a "Error cannot connect, too
many connections" error coming from Tomcat.
So I would like to understand how to find out the following:
How many connections are being used now?
How much memory is mysql consuming?
Do I have everything configured properly.

I am concerned that maybe I have  problem with my connection class, so it would
be nice to create a connection, (check out how many connections are used)
return it, and check again, to see if I screwed something up.

Any help in this regards would be appreciated.

Sincerely
Scott